Thursday 2 April 2009

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Album vs. Soundtrack)

So for those of you who were wondering (as I know so many of you were). There's a wicked difference between these two collections of music, as I just learned half an hour ago.

I brought up a bunch of my records and my turntable up to Chicago with me after spring break and I hadn't yet listened to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles yet. The album cover that I have is the one on the left. I read the back of the cover as I was setting up my speakers and was really psyched because it's got a bunch of great tracks. Well the needle hits the vinyl and Strawberry Fields starts playing, weird because -one- it's not on the album and -two- it's being sung by a woman. But I kept listening...not hearing any Beatles singing...until I got to Maxwell's Silver Hammer and though, "That sounds a lot like Steve Martin." WTF?

I had the soundtrack of the movie staring Peter Frampton, The Bee Gees, Steve Martin, and Aerosmith, among others. It's good it's just weird as shit. Be in a Rocky Horror Picture Show sort of mood for this soundtrack. Craaaazy mix up. So yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment