Tuesday 31 March 2009

BAND OF THE MONTH - APRIL

BAND OF THE MONTH

WINDS OF PLAGUE

Originally named Bleak December, California based Winds of Plague have come a long way. Combining elements of Deathcore and Symphonic Metal, WoP is able to create some of the most skull-crushing music in a while. Going through endless line up changes (...atleast they got Kristen Randall out if it...hot), the group finally leveled out and was able to put out their debute album "Decimate The Weak" in Feburary of 2008.

Johnny Plagues (HA...lame) vocals are fantastic and the Keyboards add a much needed element to the band. Their songs will take you from heaven to hell in a split second...and I can promise you your neck will be sore after listening to this album.

This band is anything but new, if you're into the deathcore/metal scene chances are you've heard of Winds of Plague. I'm choosing them as my Band of the Month because...well to be perfectly honest I cannot put this shit down. I have listend to Winds of Plague an endless amount of times, and was also lucky enough to see them on tour this month. With the exception of the mic problems, it was really a fantastic show. If you get the chance to see them... DO IT, you wont be dissapointed.

In short, Winds of Plague is raping my ears, forcing me to listen to it and nothing else. And while I'd love to listen to some Eyes of a Traitor or Parkway Drive... I just cant bring myself to do it. Curse you, Winds of Plague and all your breakdown-y goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment