Monday 13 October 2008

Music To Your Ears


I just had a great moment this weekend, that actually continued into today. Just take a second and consider music, in all of its cultural connectivity, its emotional reflection. How and why it first happened, the need for it. The elemental, primitive need for sound in silence. And then even further, the need for a more direct, specific communication within the sound. Lyrics and sounds and their relationships both as compliments and foils to each others individuals tones. The need for one song to say one thing and then the very next track on the album, the very next verse even say the total opposite. Think of your favorite songs. Why are they your favorites? I'm in a really reflective mood today, maybe it's just me then. I still don't have any answers.

Check that James Morrison album though, the one we posted a few days ago. "Broken Strings" one of my new favorites. Ah.

Peace guys and gals.

No comments:

Post a Comment