Wednesday 8 October 2008

I Set My Friends On Fire - ASL and Crank That Calvary Boy


I have been following I Set My Friends On Fire for as long as I can remember. Wayyy back in the day before they released their first CD, or had any songs up on iTunes...when they were just two dudes making music. The instant success of Crank That Calvary Boy sent their myspace plays so high...that myspace deleted their accounts because they thought they were hacking plays. After remaking their account (more than once) we all finally got a taste of their stuff with ASL and Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The Beerholder. I was quickly hooked. Although their stuff may appeal more to the younger kids, they really have something for everyone. Nabil has great knowledge and control over a number of instruments...creating all of the actual music for the songs. Matt has a very unique scream and some fun lyrics. Odds are if you are into really heavy stuff you will blow these guys off...but don't. They really have some fun stuff. Don't take it too seriously, let loose and just enjoy it. Its good, catchy music. Anyway buy their album or go to a show if you enjoy them. I've met them both and they are incredibly nice dudes (oh...and for only two dudes on their first tour...they put on one hell of a good live show). Here are two songs to check out. Try and buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment