Sunday 1 March 2009

BANDS OF THE MONTH - MARCH

BANDS OF THE MONTH







THE EYES OF A TRAITOR







I had bought The Eyes Of A Traitor's EP, By Sunset, on iTunes a while back, and was not wow'd by it. I stumbled upon their debut album, A Clear Perception, a few weeks ago...and I haven't put it down since. It drops on March 2nd and I've already pre-ordered my CD/Shirt combo from across the pond. And I STRONGLY suggest that you do also, these guys live off of merch sales so buy a shirt so they can keep touring!







This album is fantastic. Excellent harsh vocals...best I've heard in a while as well as great lyrics. Guitars go from cruching riffs to complex fingering in a split second, as well as a few amazing solo's. Great use of Piano and other effects. This album really has it all and puts the peices together perfectly. It's only the start of 2009 and this is easily a contender for my Album of the Year.







I can't stress enough how much this album kicks ass. Give it a few listens and I know you will be as hooked as I am. The Eyes Of A Traitor easily secured its spot as my March Band of the Month.







MYSPACE: THE EYES OF A TRAITOR



BUY: THE EYES OF A TRAITOR MERCH




















: SEPTIC FLESH







Septic Flesh is a band that can be taken two ways: incredibly complex, fresh, and moving or horribly theatrical and ostentatious. At first I didn’t know what to think of their style, but after a full listen through I absolutely fell in love with them. Each song seems to tell its own story; repetition is nonexistent. The orchestration and composition that went behind this album is mind boggling (my mind was blown, har har). And even after seeing them live (which I was SO excited for); my opinion of them was reaffirmed: they are just completely bad ass.

If you haven’t listened to this album yet, you MUST buy it, especially if you like melodic/atmospheric death metal is your thing. Don’t let the corny name discourage you. ;)







MYSPACE: SEPTIC FLESH

iTUNES: SEPTIC FLESH





No comments:

Post a Comment