Sunday 8 February 2009

Featured: Mayday! Cried the Captain

Mayday! Cried The Captain is an upcoming band from Ocala, Florida. I was going to see I Set My Friends On Fire at a venue called The Capitol in Ocala, where I learned that instead of 4 bands playing...it would be 9. The venue was closing so all of the local acts were put on the bill to 'pay their respects'. It took me forever to get in, but once I did, I was greeted with M!CTC's set. I wish I had known all the words to their songs because the crowd was so into it... I just wanted to dance and sing along with everyone. Their mixture of electronics and hardcore (similar to Sky Eats Airplane and Attack! Attack!...I hope this genre of hardcore is still on an upswing) lead to a fantastic live show, even if you've never seen them before. Immediatly after I went, I bought a shirt and asked about any CD/EP's. They had none at the time, but their first EP (cleverly titled A 12 song CD) will be avalible sometime soon. If you live anywhere in Florida, they will probably play near your town sometime in the future, and if you get the chance, make sure to check them out. They're a bunch of nice dudes making some kick ass songs. Check out Mayday! Cried the Captain.

MYSPACE: MAYDAY! CRIED THE CAPTAIN

No comments:

Post a Comment